Illinois Retired Law Enforcement License Plate
- Plate is issued to retired law enforcement as described in the affirmation.
- The Retirees must download the brochure and the affirmation.
- Place your Day Time phone number on the affirmation next to your printed name.
- The Affirmation must be completed and sent to the Illinois Sheriffs’ Association, 401 E Washington, Springfield, IL 62701
- After the affirmation is approved the ISA will return the affirmation to the retiree.
- The retiree must mail the completed request form (found in brochure) and the affirmation to the Secretary of State.
- The brochure should answer most questions about the plate.
- Turnaround time to receive plates is normally 30 to 45 days after request is approved.